The Wisconsin Potato Growers Auxiliary wants students to learn about the importance of the Wisconsin potato industry.
Your students will learn first hand what it takes to grow potatoes. We will supply you with seed potatoes, a materials list, and instructions. We’ll even help you plan a Harvest Party for the class when it is time to harvest your potatoes.
- All schools that sign up by the deadline are eligible to receive free Wisconsin seed potatoes in January
- Fun interactive activities and lesson plans utilizing math, writing, social studies, and science
- Website where you can download lesson plans, activities, and videos
- List of books and other resources
- Kid-friendly recipes and healthy nutrition facts
- This program meets 4th grade curriculum, but can be adapted to any grade
- Program runs January-May 2021
- Registration deadline is December 11, 2020